Discussion Forums » Discussion Board Policies on Exam Honesty and Integrity

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Authentified Member.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Authentified Member
    Participant

Hi,

I run the certification process for internationally educated lawyers and law graduates. This is a mandatory process that people who were educated outside of Canada need to go through before applying to enter a provincial or territorial licensing or bar admissions process. We took our exams online in spring 2020.

We are working on putting together a policy that lays out the consequences for people who cheat on their examinations. Cheating could include plagiarism, purchasing cribbed notes and copying them verbatim into the exam, collaborating with other students during a test, or other violations of our candidate agreement.

Does anyone have a policy that lays out consequences for exam dishonesty?

Deborah Wolfe, P.Eng.
    Executive Director, NCA
    Federation of Law Societies of Canada

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Authentified Member.
    Authentified Member
    Participant

Hi Deborah. I am the manager of the certification process (SEAS) for internationally educated occupational therapists. We are in the process of drafting an applicant code of conduct/policy, not only addressing cheating, etc, but also addressing behaviour and conduct.
    We do have an agreement that the applicant signs off on before completing their competency assessment, which is being delivered remotely since the pandemic. The final paragraph is as follows:
    Breach of Agreement:
    I understand that any breach of ACOTRO policies or breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to a breach of confidentiality, may result in suspension or termination of my access to the SEAS program and/or to my disqualification from eligibility for registration as an occupational therapist in Canada.

I would be happy to collaborate with you on this activity.

Susan Domanski, MA, BScOT, OT Reg. (Ont.)
    Manager, Substantial Equivalency Assessment System,
    Association of Canadian Occupational Therapy Regulatory Organizations (ACOTRO)
    seas.manager@acotro.org

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.